To go freemium, or not to go freemium? [infographic]
“Freemium” apps (or apps with in-app purchases) are the latest and greatest monetization trend in the mobile app industry. To put it simply, freemium falls somewhere between free, ad-supported apps and paid apps on the app monetization spectrum.
With the overwhelming success of games like Candy Crush Saga, freemium has been a popular topic of conversation in the mobile app world.
You may be asking yourself: What is behind this trend? Should my app go freemium?
- » Apple is giving iOS apps which handle real cash in an HTML5 wrapper a bit longer to transition to native
- » International Game Developers Association teams up with Skillz to monetise eSports
- » Be aware, Play Store approval times will now take longer
- » Industry legend John Carmack gives his thoughts on modern video games
- » DRM system Denuvo is coming to Android as ‘Mobile Game Protection’