Infographic: Developers guide to iOS and Android app design
Designing and developing a mobile application, no matter what the operating system, is extremely challenging.
With all of the screen sizes, icon sizes, touch gestures and features of the user interface to consider, there is a lot to think about – and a lot that could go wrong. This is why careful planning and in-the-wild testing are necessary in order to achieve app success.
As Dan Rowinski of ReadWrite Mobile says, “Designing a mobile app can seem simple when you are sketching it out on the whiteboard. But when you actually sit down in your developer environment and get cracking, turning your ideas into reality is not always so easy.”
Rowinski recently covered cloud service-provider Kinvey’s infographic that provides developers with a cheat sheet for developing iOS and Android apps. Here’s a look:
- » Facebook updates Graph, Messenger, and Marketing APIs to 4.0
- » DRM system Denuvo is coming to Android as ‘Mobile Game Protection’
- » Google begins testing its own ‘Game Pass’-like subscription
- » Twilio aims for social good by promoting equality and launching initiatives to support non-profits, most vulnerable
- » Huawei unveils HarmonyOS as more than just an Android replacement