Smartphone sales - a three year comparison [infographic]
Smartphone device sales tell us about the popularity of these devices.
Forget the fact whether it’s Apple ruling the roost, or Android, or whether BlackBerry is able to make a dent, what needs to be celebrated is the sheer number of devices sold.
But, figures do matter as no company is in this business for charity. They want to make a killing at the gates and they need to go one up over their competitors if they want their brand to survive.
This is why we have come up with an infographic that takes readers through the sales figures of various smartphones over three years – 2010, 2011, 2012.
The idea behind bringing these figures to the fore is to give an idea about the surge of the mobility revolution and how the different smartphones, in terms of the OS used, stack up in the numbers game:
- » Opinion: WearOS may yet be revived amid potential Huawei Watch 3
- » Dropbox explains the downsides of sharing iOS and Android code
- » Unhappy developers pen letter to Apple over iOS 13 privacy changes
- » Play Store developers can now add keywords to their apps for greater discovery
- » Apple accounts for 2.4 million employees in US