Smartphone sales - a three year comparison [infographic]
Smartphone device sales tell us about the popularity of these devices.
Forget the fact whether it’s Apple ruling the roost, or Android, or whether BlackBerry is able to make a dent, what needs to be celebrated is the sheer number of devices sold.
But, figures do matter as no company is in this business for charity. They want to make a killing at the gates and they need to go one up over their competitors if they want their brand to survive.
This is why we have come up with an infographic that takes readers through the sales figures of various smartphones over three years – 2010, 2011, 2012.
The idea behind bringing these figures to the fore is to give an idea about the surge of the mobility revolution and how the different smartphones, in terms of the OS used, stack up in the numbers game:
- » AppsFlyer: ‘Hyper casual’ gaming is boosting in-app advertising
- » Apple launches dedicated mobile app for developers – to eventually replace WWDC app
- » GitHub announces native Android and iOS apps alongside new features
- » Google simplifies trawling through Android Open Source Project code
- » Microsoft will make building apps for dual-screen devices 'as easy as possible'