Smartphone sales - a three year comparison [infographic]
Smartphone device sales tell us about the popularity of these devices.
Forget the fact whether it’s Apple ruling the roost, or Android, or whether BlackBerry is able to make a dent, what needs to be celebrated is the sheer number of devices sold.
But, figures do matter as no company is in this business for charity. They want to make a killing at the gates and they need to go one up over their competitors if they want their brand to survive.
This is why we have come up with an infographic that takes readers through the sales figures of various smartphones over three years – 2010, 2011, 2012.
The idea behind bringing these figures to the fore is to give an idea about the surge of the mobility revolution and how the different smartphones, in terms of the OS used, stack up in the numbers game:
- » App revenue is soaring with $21.9bn spent in Q3 alone, up 22.9% YoY
- » Beijing warns Apple to ‘think about the consequences’ after Hong Kong app controversy
- » Microsoft announces dual-screen Surface devices early to recruit Windows 10X devs
- » Apple is giving iOS apps which handle real cash in an HTML5 wrapper a bit longer to transition to native
- » Apple doubles use of Swift in iOS 13 as it shifts away from Objective-C