How many Android devices are activated per day? [infographic]
The Android platform is completely overtopping the smartphone market. Google is fully aware of what consumers want. As shown in the infographic below, a total of 1.3 million Android devices are activated each day versus 515.000 iOS devices.
According to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, Samsung Galaxy S3 left behind Apple’s iPhone 4S to become the world’s best-selling smartphone model for the first time ever in the third quarter of 2012.
The Android operating system powered nearly three out of four smartphones recently purchased worldwide, according to the industry analytics at IDC. Apple’s tablet market share has fallen to just over 50 percent from 65 percent in the second quarter as Android devices started leading the way, according to IDC figures.
Basically, Android is taking a bite out of Apple’s tablet market share – 500 million Android devices are being sold worldwide comparing to 410 million iOS gadgets.
For Q4, Google reported record revenues of $1.032 billion. Thanks to a license agreement, Microsoft is making $5 from every HTC Android phone sold. So in 2011, Microsoft made more from their Android sales than their own Windows Phone.
- » Apple removes 18 iOS apps for fraudulent advertising activity
- » Google is pulling open-source apps which feature donation buttons
- » Project Treble is making a big difference to the speed of Android updates
- » Android 11 looks set to finally add wireless ADB for developers
- » Google Cardboard goes open-source as VR SDK development halts