New tool to connect Smart TV with mobile launches
A new tool for software developers allowing them to create convergent apps that bring together Smart TVs and smart phones or tablets has been released.
The MOVL Connect Platform, the latest offering from Atlanta-based technology company, MOVL, allows various devices to communicate in a shared experience and supports the creation of multi-user, multi-screen applications such as multiplayer games, second-screen TV experiences and interactive advertising.
The tools can either be directly connected or hosted in the cloud. Direct Connect is for local low latency games and applications while Cloud Connect uses MOVL Connect's cloud infrastructure.
In addition, the cloud-based service means developers need not provide dedicated servers and bandwidth to keep the connections flowing and the tool is able to handle any number of users interacting with the system at the same time.
- » Progress CTO: Microapps save time, increase productivity
- » Sony and Microsoft will partner on cloud, AI, and semiconductors
- » Apple sends out WWDC 2019 invites – here’s what to expect
- » Huawei’s smartphone OS due this year, supporting Android apps
- » Trump’s trade war on China is killing Huawei’s devices