Some great statistics from the iPhone keynote..
Being one of the few companies that develop for Android, iPhone and Blackberry we’re constantly assisting companies with their business case and specifically the justification for targeting specific devices.
And typically when asked to assist in such a justification we often aim to back up our recommendations with statistics. Over the years we’ve gathered a huge amount of intelligence that is regularly used with our customers to best position their applications.
Information including download trends, device demographics, device distribution and much more is regularly called upon to help inform and assist our customers in making better decisions when it comes to mobile development.
However, such information is often hard to obtain and often requires relationships with analysts, channel observers and supply chain specialists.
But Apple provided with some great information during their keynote yesterday that I thought we’d share:
- 92 percent of Fortune 500 companies are testing or deploying iPads.
- Over 80 percent of the hospitals in the US are now testing or piloting iPad.”
- Every state in the US has an iPad deployment program either in place or in pilot. 1,000 schools have a 1:1 program.
- The iPhone currently has 70% of the overall smart phone market in the US
- The iPhone has 5% of the overall mobile phone market in the US
Granted these have come straight from the horse’s mouth and should be taken with a pinch of salt, however it’s staggering to see just how much of an impact the iPad has had and how the iPhone continue to dominates the smart phone market.
At 3Squared we assist companies in creating their mobile strategy and we have an experienced team of in-house developers who specialist in Android, iPhone and Blackberry applications, to find out how we could help your company call +44 (0) 114 2257421.
- » Beijing warns Apple to ‘think about the consequences’ after Hong Kong app controversy
- » Apple doubles use of Swift in iOS 13 as it shifts away from Objective-C
- » App revenue is soaring with $21.9bn spent in Q3 alone, up 22.9% YoY
- » Apple is giving iOS apps which handle real cash in an HTML5 wrapper a bit longer to transition to native