Android users spend more time in apps than browser
It seems Android app usage is really taking off with it’s users. It was thought iPhone users were the main hogger of app time but it seems their competitor is becoming more savvy.
A study from Nielsen shows that Android users spend about an hour a day using their phone for everything but talking – 56 minutes, to be exact. Of those minutes, 67% are spent in apps while 33% are spent inside the mobile’s web browser.
An interesting study to consider when making the choice between a native application or focusing on a mobile version of your service or website.
If you’re looking for Android app mobile development, contact 3Squared to discuss your requirements.
- » Apple doubles use of Swift in iOS 13 as it shifts away from Objective-C
- » ICE cold: Developer removes his Ruby library after discovering it was used by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- » Apple is giving iOS apps which handle real cash in an HTML5 wrapper a bit longer to transition to native
- » Huawei is offering up $1.5 billion to woo software developers
- » Google releases web app for Grasshopper, a tool which teaches basic coding