Android users spend more time in apps than browser
It seems Android app usage is really taking off with it’s users. It was thought iPhone users were the main hogger of app time but it seems their competitor is becoming more savvy.
A study from Nielsen shows that Android users spend about an hour a day using their phone for everything but talking – 56 minutes, to be exact. Of those minutes, 67% are spent in apps while 33% are spent inside the mobile’s web browser.
An interesting study to consider when making the choice between a native application or focusing on a mobile version of your service or website.
If you’re looking for Android app mobile development, contact 3Squared to discuss your requirements.
- » Python libraries imitating ‘dateutil’ and ‘jellyfish’ caught stealing SSH and GPG keys
- » Google simplifies trawling through Android Open Source Project code
- » Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin supports petition to release arrested dev
- » StrongSalt’s new Open Privacy API offers ‘encryption as a service’
- » Sophos launches a security analysis platform for developers