Building the Atari Arcade in HTML5 and CreateJS: Grant Skinner [Video]
Grant Skinner appeared at Apps World at the beginning of October 2012 to deliver a short presentation on his team's work re-imagining classic Atari games for the modern web.
Using the latest crop of modern web-standards and working with the Microsoft IE team, they created a series of multi-touch friendly games on top of CreateJS, which run on more or less every popular browser.
You can read about their adventures in building the games at the Atari Developer Centre: http://atari.com/arcade/developers
You can view the presentation below, along with the accompanying slides, courtesy of our friends at Annotag.
- » Chromecast and Android TV: Is there a world where both co-exist?
- » Facebook’s Oculus Rift acquisition continues the VR dream…
- » Project Ara’s MDK and the smartphone “designed for 6 billion people.”
- » DRM-gate: A year later and it's Sony's turn
- » BUILD 2014: Smart coffees, smarter devices, and the smartest AI?